Detalhe da Função
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Stress Engineer to join our Aerospace client, Hamilton Sundstrand, in Wolverhampton.
Our client are amongst the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. They design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Our industrial products serve industries ranging from hydrocarbon, chemical and food processing to construction and mining.
They are looking for a Senior Stress Engineer to join their Engine & Control Systems (E&CS) team, who provide complete jet engine controls and accessory packages. From the fuel tank to the ignitors, they have the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture first in class central systems for their aerospace engine customers.
The Senior Stress Engineer is deployed to various projects associated with the design and development of HS Marston products and their support through production.
* The role requires the use of I-DEAS FEA package, together with hand calculations for pressure, vibration and fatigue analysis.
* Candidate will demonstrate knowledge of stressing
* Interface effectively with external and internal customers, and communicate ideas clearly to achieve a structurally acceptable design.
* Liaise with and support other departments; Thermal Design, Mechanical Design and Programmes Managers.
* Compliance with the requirements of Standard Work (SW) work flow maps for their project and ensure activities are complete to meet project timescales.
* Provide leadership and support to more junior members of the team.
* Qualifications include HND/Honours degree or equivalent in Mechanical engineering or associated discipline.
* Stress Analysis & CAD experience, preferably in Unigraphics
* Experience of aerospace mechanical design and manufacturing or equivalent transferrable experience
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Employment Type: Any
Work Hours: Not Specified
Salary Currency: British Pound . GBP
Salary Period: Annual
Salary (Additional): £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits