Detalhe da Função
Research Scientist / Laboratory Research Associate
Position: Research Scientist
A Medical Device company based in Cork are looking to expand their team by bringing a Research Scientist on board on a permanent basis. This is an exciting time to be joining an innovative company, working with an international/dynamic team.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Independently perform routine procedures which are part of the daily lab operations, so that the scientific progress, necessary to achieve the companys product development goals, is made
* Collaborate with our LC:MS analysts in the development of robust sample preparation procedures
* Accountability for the sample preparation pipeline, including but not limited to: SOP development, planning, consumable stocking, execution, reporting and automation
* Manage the companys biorepository, including biobanking software, best biorepository governance practices, physical sample handling
* Lead small to medium R and D projects within the zone of expertise: sample handling and sample preparation
* Compile and draft SOPs relevant to the indexing, storage, and handling of biospecimens.
* Assist in the compilation and drafting of SOPs relevant to the sample preparation procedures
* Disseminate experimental results obtained, report on these results and propose follow up steps
* Collaborate with the Regulatory Scientist and/or R and D program manager to efficiently deploy a Quality Management system in the company and more specifically in the laboratories
* Degree in bioanalytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science (or related field) or can demonstrate hands:on experience in a similar role
* Relevant Industry experience
* Ability to work without direct supervision within a team environment
* Effective problem solving skills and ability to work on several projects in parallel
* Good time management skills are essential
* Quality minded with ability to perform work with accuracy and in accordance with established procedures
* Flexible approach is necessary to work in a fast:paced innovative environment
Candidate Requirements (desirable):
* Hands on experience in quantitative analyses and/or bioanalysis using the following instrumentation: HPLC, LC:MS/MS, preferably triple quadrupole mass spectrometers. Experience in solution chemistry, extraction techniques, lab robotic automation, dried blood spot sample handling would be an advantage.
* Experience in clinical diagnostics (commercial). Experience in clinical studies (diagnostics)
* Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice and current Health and Safety Regulations is preferred.
Apply by sending your updated CV through to : and call Laura on 812 to discuss your application in further detail. Interviews for this role are already being arranged.
Medical / Medical Device / ISO 13485 / GLP / GMP / HPLC / LC:MS / SOPs / R and D / Research / Science / QMS / Quality Systems / Lab / LaboratoryEmployment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Not Specified
Salary Currency: Euro . EUR
Salary Period: Annual
Salary (Additional): Competitive