A Wimdu é uma plataforma online com uma vasta gama de alojamentos privados que se estende tão longe quanto a sua imaginação está disposta a levá-lo. Quer se trate de um quarto num apartamento compartilhado em Berlim ou um apartamento minimalista em Nova Iorque. A página Wimdu contém mais de 235,000 propriedades em mais de 100 países assegurando todos os usuários do que exactamente procuram: alojamento espectacular num lugar deslumbrante a um preço mais acessível que qualquer hotel!
Detalhe da Função
We are Wimdu, a German start-up with worldwide presence and headquarters in the heart of Berlin! Wimdu has grown to host over 350,000 properties in over 120 countries, connecting guests and hosts worldwide. We are offering a great travel experience for those looking for smart, individual and authentic alternative to hotels.
Since January 2017, we have been a unit of the leading holiday home provider Novasol and have been gaining additional momentum for the next stage of our journey to new shores. We are looking for candidates who are willing to support our team with passion and who want to be part of an international startup with long-term prospects. Are you in?
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a
Senior Backend Developer (f/m)
We are a mid-sized development team, tackling with the full daily variety of challenges that span from SEO to Site Reliability Engineering. As a Senior Backend Developer, you will help delivering robust and high quality features that directly impact on our customers’ satisfaction. You are a creative, hands-on, innovative problem solver eager to take on new challenges in a fast paced environment.
- Writing new features in an interdisciplinary team and ship them to over 45 domains and hundreds of thousands of users
- Working in Scrum sprints along with developers, scrum masters and product owners
- Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementation to deployment
- Working with Product to define new features
- Documenting the systems you help build
- Computer Science degree or equivalent software engineering background
- 4 years hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails projects or equivalent
- Proven track record with high traffic websites
- A knack for microservice oriented architectures
- Acquainted with OO and functional design, along with design patterns and anti-patterns
- Strong background in automated testing: unit, functional and integration testing are no problem for you
- Experience with RESTful API design
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Knowledge in building scalable systems
- High performance and lean development culture: we believe in the power of proper software design, in the immeasurable value
of peer code reviews and automated code quality control
- A company’s bar and a kitchen always stacked with fruits, snacks and drinks. Club Mate and nice coffee machine for your daily energy fix
- Workshops, trainings, seminars and a chill-out lounge inside the office
- Start-up spirit in the heart of Germany's capital
- Choose your own development environment
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
Please forward your application, including CV, cover letter and relevant coding samples (e.g. on Github) using the following
We look forward to hearing from you!
Wimdu GmbH | Voltastraße 5 | 13355 Berlin