Detalhe da Função
Your assignment will be Contracts Manager for the Neves Corvo Zinc Expansion Project (ZEP) subject to board approval in Q2 2017 for a capital cost of €250 million expended over 28 months.
Neves Corvo is a complex underground operation mining zinc and copper located in Southern Portugal.
ZEP will at least double zinc production and is critical for the mine’s future. Work scope will involve expansion of the underground facilities, increase in shaft capacity and expansion of surface facilities – all with minimum impact on production.
As Contracts Manager your principal responsibilities will be the management of construction contracting and oversight of the engineering and procurement consultant procurement process. The project will be headquartered at Neves Corvo where you will be based. As Project Controls Manager you will report to the Project Manager. Project duration is estimated to be 28 months.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
- Together with the Project Manager and Construction Manager establish the project contracting strategy including work scopes, interfaces and commercial
- Tender, award, administration and close out of contracts
- Liaison with the engineering and procurement consultant to establish the details of contract work scopes
- Overall responsibility for project procurement activities undertaken by the engineering and procurement consultant
- Field procurement
- Receiving, warehouse and issue of owner supplied materials and equipment
- Recruitment and leadership of the project contracts team
- Liaison with the Neves Corvo contracts department
- Participate and support the project risk management and change management programs
- At least 20 years of experience in project execution and 10 years in senior roles in contracts management and administration
- A successful track record of working to budgets and deadlines
- Experience in working in effective teams
- Experience within the projects group of an operating company or with a major EPCM contractor
- Strong personal commitment to health and safety
- Motivated self-starter
- A team builder and team player, able to mentor others
- Experience and comfort with working in different cultures in a variety of locations globally
- An excellent communicator, able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both orally and written
- Ability to speak and read English fluently is a requirement, fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is an asset
- Comfortable to travel
Observações: Candidate-se directamente em:
(copie o Link acima para nova janela no seu browser de Internet)