Detalhe da Função
Site Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Your assignment will be Site Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer for the Neves Corvo Zinc Expansion Project (ZEP) subject to board approval in Q2 2017 for a capital cost of €250 million.
Neves Corvo is a complex underground operation mining zinc and copper located in Southern Portugal.
ZEP will at least double zinc production and is critical for the mine’s future. The work scope will involve expansion of the underground facilities, an increase in shaft capacity and an expansion of surface facilities – all with minimum impact on production.
You will be based at site. You may also be required to spend time at the selected engineer’s office for workshops and to facilitate the transfer of electrical information from site.
As Senior Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer you will report to the Engineering Manager.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
- Review and approval of key documents
- Promotion of value improvement initiatives, particularly fit for purpose design
- Lead the assembly of site electrical and instrumentation information necessary to support the design process
- Ensure statutory compliance for all electrical designs for the project
- Help to minimize design changes, support disciplined change management and resolve engineering conflicts
- Provide input into design and execution planning for tie ins to existing facilities
- Participate in project reviews and workshops
- Provide support as needed with commissioning planning activities
- Support the achievement of project objectives including safety, capital cost, operating cost, schedule and functionality
- Support coordination of design and procurement activities to ensure schedule and budget objectives are met
- Support an effective project team by coordinating and facilitating communication between the various project entities
- Support the interface with operations personnel and local contractors: incorporating their input into design and equipment selection
- Communicate the vision of quality, maintainability and fit for purpose design
- Communicate design concepts and key details to operations and facilitate their input
- At least 15 years of experience in operations and design of mining projects
- Suitable qualification in electrical and/or instrumentation engineering
- Experience with the design of medium voltage electrical systems
- Experience with distributed control system design (particularly ABB systems)
- Experience in brownfield projects
- Experience interfacing with operations
- A successful track record of working to budgets and deadlines
- Experience in working in effective teams
- Experience within the projects group of an operating company or with a major EPCM contractor
- Strong personal commitment to health and safety
- Motivated self-starter
- A team builder and team player, able to mentor others
- Experience and comfort with working in different cultures in a variety of locations globally
- A good communicator, able to communicate clearly and effectively in Portuguese and English
- Ability to speak, read and write Portuguese fluently is a requirement
- Ability to communicate effectively in English is a requirement
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Observações: Candidate-se directamente em:
(copie o Link acima para nova janela no seu browser de Internet)