Detalhe da Função
Senior Cost Engineer
Your assignment will be Senior Cost Engineer for the Neves-Corvo Zinc Expansion Project (ZEP) subject to board approval in Q2 2017 for a capital cost of €250 million.
Neves-Corvo is a complex underground operation mining zinc and copper located in Southern Portugal.
ZEP will at least double zinc production and is critical for the mine’s future. Work scope will involve expansion of the underground facilities, increase in shaft capacity and expansion of surface facilities, all with minimum impact on production.
The execution strategy is based on owner led project and construction management supported by an engineering and procurement consultant. The project will be headquartered at Neves Corvo where you will be based. As Senior Cost Engineer you will report to the Project Controls Manager. Project duration is estimated to be 28 months.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
- Responsible for maintaining change control, cost reports, etc.
- Assist in setting up a control system and documentation for the project
- Reporting on deviations, underruns and overruns
- Preparing forecasts, completing cost trends reports and monitoring cost and budget forecast
- Working with project estimator, planner, scheduler and accounting staff
- Working closely with the project manager and team leads
- Assisting in identifying cost risk and perform risk analysis
- Coordinating and assembling the monthly progress reports
- Graduate Degree or Undergraduate in Engineering or a recognized business program
- 10+years’ experience working in an environment for mining projects
- Experience within the projects group of an operating company or with a major EPCM contractor
- Knowledge of document control, procurement/contracts and construction management is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of project reporting, cost control and engineering controls
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong personal commitment to health and safety
- Motivated self-starter
- A team builder and team player, able to mentor others
- Experience and comfort with working in different cultures in a variety of locations globally
- An excellent communicator, able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both orally and written. You are well organized.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently is a requirement, fluency in Portuguese or Spanish is an asset
- Comfortable to travel
Observações: Candidate-se directamente em:
(copie o Link acima para nova janela no seu browser de Internet)